Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Easy Chicken Salad




I swapped out the mayo in your typical chicken salad with some protein packed cottage cheese. I made it a delicious lunch by cutting up a whole wheat pita brushed with a tiny bit of olive oil and pepper and toasting it until crispy- yummy pita chips!

Ingredients

  • 1 large cooked chicken breast, cut into small pieces
  • 1/4 of a large red onion, diced
  • 1 celery stalk, diced (including leaves)
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese, I use 1% no sodium added
  • 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup of dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

Start by mixing the cottage cheese, white wine vinegar, and dijon mustard. I like a little more mustard in mine so feel free to add more if you like! Toss with chicken, onion, and celery. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over a salad or with home made pita chips. Enjoy!
YIELD: 2
PREPARATION TIME: 5-10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 0

1 comment:

  1. I just made this chicken salad and it is so yummy! I guess the flavors really blend together in the fridge cause I made it and chilled it. Its my first time making it with cottage cheese and i already love cottage cheese! thank you so much

    ReplyDelete