Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Eat-Clean Chicken Wrap



This chicken wrap is a great flavor combination, and it is easy to make ahead and take with you.

Ingredients

  • Grilled Chicken (Cut into Strips)
  • Grilled Bell Peppers (Cut into Strips)
  • Miso Mayo
  • Ezekial Wrap
  • Lettuce

Instructions

First marinate the boneless skinless chicken breasts for about an hour, the marinade that I have used is a combination of the following items:
Soy Sauce
Orange Juice
Honey
Apple Cider Vinegar
Chile Powder
Onion
Garlic
Paprika

You could skip the marinade, and just season the chicken any way that you like it on the grill.

Then grill boneless skinless chicken breast, and peppers.

Served with a starch, this makes a great dinner for my family, and then I use the left overs to make my wraps during the week.

After grilling, and letting the chicken and peppers cool off cut them into strips, and store them in the frige.

I have been making enough left overs as part of this weekend meal to make 3-4 wraps for lunch during the week.

To make a wrap I take one Ezekial Wrap, spread about a Tablespoon of Miso Mayo onto it, then add lettuce, chicken, and peppers. And wrap it up. I store it in parchament paper so that it travels well, and so that when you eat it the fillings dont get messy.

I hope you will try this and let me know what you think.
YIELD: 3-4 wraps
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes or so (to prepare ingredients ahead of time)
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes (to make a wrap for lunch)

No comments:

Post a Comment